Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blogger Showcase!

It must be Tuesday! Time for the Blogger Showcase!

I look forward to this time every week so I can share one of the great blogs I've been looking through, reading, getting excited about (when I'm supposed to be cleaning/parenting/sleeping... you name it). The hardest part for me is deciding who to pick because I keep finding such great ones.


This week, I am showcasing... drumroll please...




Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick has the most incredible decorating ideas I've found so far. Being mindful and mindfully simple does not mean being boring and ugly. I love to bargain hunt down the aisle of the flea market on any ol' day. I could - and often do - stop the van on a moment's notice to peruse a tag sale or two on a hot Saturday morning, coffee in hand. But then, what should I DO with those new treasures??? Well, I look to Sarah for the answers. She's amazing. Her motto is: "A good home must be made, not bought" (quote by Joyce Maynard)
  • Want to know what to do with those great second hand finds? Look here.
  • Looking for support while re-organizing the house? Look here.
  • This woman will arm-wrestle you under the table for molding. Look here.
  • Have you ever needed a reason to use spray paint? Look here.
The options are endless the way Sarah sees it. And to top it all off, she offers decorating advice at a steal of a price.

I am always looking forward to whatever she comes up with next - but I find myself asking, "Why didn't I think of that?!?" as I read her posts. It's really okay that others come up with the good ideas, as long as they don't mind that I try my hand at their projects every now and then (when I'm not reading blogs!).

Check out Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick when you need a good decorating idea, or when you need to smile - her sense of humor is terrific! You'll be glad you did!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

That looks like a great blog. I can't believe she has over 1800 followers ... that's the most I've ever seen. I will go back again and check it out when I'm not at work and have time to really enjoy it. Thanks!

Dogwood said...

Thanks. Wow, Sarah is one very talented thrifty lady. I absolutley love her decorating style. Hugs...

Debra said...

Oh cush beautiful style...i will certainly be popping back for more sneek peeks. I read your bio and thought you might like this site..http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/
give it a look, there are some fab idea for simplifying and saving ...happy day :)

Debra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Thank you so much Jill!! You are the best!

Jill said...

You're welcome, Sarah!

And Debra - thanks for stopping by. I do know Down to Earth - the link is on my site because I love them so much! They have some great ideas and their pictures are gorgeous!