Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Love a Bargain!

We went to our favorite thrift store today.  I get so excited when I know we are going, because I have no idea what I will find.  Today, my husband and 13yr old son came along - my husband for the thrill of the hunt, our son, for the $5 jeans.  Actually, it was our son who requested we go, which just warms my little recycling heart.  Our younger son was a bit too tuckered out from a busy Friday, so he took care of himself and stayed home.  
Now, I had a bunch of feelings about going today.  I looove the thrift store, but as you probably know, it takes some time and some hunting around to find things you may want.  And kids don't really give you time, now...do they?  So I was busy looking for things I may 'need', clothes, mostly, and my son of course did not want to stay for long.  Boo hoo.  My shopping time at my favorite place was cut short.

But as we were getting in line to pay, I couldn't help but look at the things that were on the tables close to the check out.  And there it was.  The sweetest, littlest, most home-made, hand needlepointed picture with the inscription: Always Kiss Me Goodnight.  All of 3 inches square and 99 cents, I showed it to my husband, and he smiled, blushed, and added it to our cart.  So sweet.  He says we'll place it over our bed.

Hope you're having a great day.  The sun is shining, and our first crocus just bloomed.  I wish you could see the smile Spring has put on my face.

No comments: