Angela at My Year Without Spending has tagged me with a very special award. I am honored to receive it, and happy to share the information that is requested of me once accepted. According to the 'rules', I am to share 7 things you wouldn't necessarily know about me. Here goes:
- I do not like drinking milk. Never have, really. I can have milk in things, but just can't stomach the thought of sitting down to drink a glass of milk. Yuck. Comes from growing up milking goats, I think.
- I wish I was a dancer. I love how they move, how they walk through space. Long legs and graceful bodies are just glorious to watch. Wish I could do that, but chose music with my short legs instead.
- I want to write a book. Someday I want to publish. I don't know what it will be about, but I really want to write one.
- I do not like dirt on my hands. I looooove to garden, but can't stand the feel of dirt on my skin, especially when muddy soil dries on my hands. I really can't stand it when it gets under my nails. Makes my skin crawl. Kinda strange for a gardener - don't ya think?
- I always wanted to have many many children. I have 2 wonderful boys and I wouldn't change that for the world. But as a child, I always thought I had a minimum of 6 kids. (yikes!)
- I would like to live in a house I built myself. Made of recycled material, wood, glass, etc, I would love to design and build something that would keep me safe, warm, cool and dry for the rest of my days. Perhaps I'd have a little garden out back and a few animals. I'd enjoy the quirkiness of the place, and know there was nothing else like it anywhere. It would have to be off the grid, of course.
- Lastly, I wish I could speak another language. Any other language (beside music). To be bi-lingual would be dreamy. Traveling to another country has always made me anxious. Going somewhere where I already knew the language would be terrific! A good language to learn would be french, spanish or german. Or portuguese. Or argentinian.
Now, for the second part of this award... I get to pass on the love!
Barbara at Second Surf
Cory at Pink Dogwood Blossom
Stacy at Goldenbird Knits
Jamie at Inspired Mess
Linda at Natural Suburbia
Wendy at Urban Homestead South Africa
Melanie at The Glue Stick Chic
I enjoy each of these blogs for the honesty, creativity and insightful thoughts they share. Make sure you visit them when you have the chance!
Thanks to Angela for passing on this great award! You will want to check out her blog as well. It's full of terrific ideas for cooking, living simply and taking care of the earth in a mindful, less stressful way.
Have a great day!